- 1 position
Treatment & Rehab Admin
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
Reporting to the Director of Mental Health Care Parkwood Institute and working in conjunction with the Physician Leader, the Coordinator is accountable to provide dynamic leadership to two Assertive Community Teams (ACT) and the Steele Street Rehabilitation Program which services the urban and rural catchment area of Elgin Count. ACT is a community-based model of care for individuals who have severe and persistent mental illness. It reaches out to people assertively where and when they need help directly in their homes and in the community. This model of care is evidenced based and provided by an interdisciplinary care team seven days a week.
This position provides administrative leadership to the interdisciplinary teams and is responsible for promoting evidence based outcomes within the ACT model of care framework.
The Coordinator is responsible for front line staffing & scheduling, budgeting & financial management, performance management, conflict resolution and developing clinical teams by promoting evidence based outcomes within a psychosocial rehabilitation/recovery based model of care.
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the Coordinator will demonstrate effective communication, visionary leadership, exceptional people management skills complimented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other health related degree
- Active member status in the associated College
- Minimum of three years previous experience in leadership, team building and program development within a mental health care setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legislation related to Employment, People & Financial Management
- Previous working experience in a Health Care setting and knowledge of legislation inclusive to working in a hospital
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle as travel may be required throughout Southwestern Ontario
In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership Competencies including:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with team members, patients, family members and other stakeholders
- Exhibits strong self-awareness and reflection in one?s self development
- Proven ability to engage and influence team members
- Successfully lead others in change in achieving their professional and/or personal goals
- Expertise in gaining team support in program objectives
- Skilled in resolving conflict constructively
- Exhibits ability in holding others accountable
- Experience in the development of strong, healthy teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize and evaluate the day to day operations of the program
- Commitment to excellent patient care and to enhancing our partnership with patients and their families
- Ability to set clear guidelines and takes action in implementing decisions
- Motivated by continuous quality and process improvement
- Displays commitment to the organization mission, vision and values
- Possess a strong commitment to patient and staff safety
- Proven risk management and development risk mitigation strategies
- Exhibit a visionary leadership style that promotes the values of shared leadership and interdisciplinary team collaboration
- Foster an environment committed to strategic short and long term organizational goals
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Evidence of specialized education/training/experience in psychosocial rehabilitation
- A certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing for applicants with a nursing background
Teaching and Research
- St Josephs Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 06, 2021
Submission deadline: January 20, 2021
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.