Posting # 44174 - [ Non-Union ]
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Quality Measurement & Clinical Decision Support (QM&CDS) provides leadership and expertise in the development of integrated analytics and methodologies for measurement to support quality improvement, patient safety, performance measurement, and initiatives supporting the strategic plan. Primary sources of data managed by QM&CDS include the Patient Safety Reporting System, Resident Assessment Instruments, the National Rehabilitation Reporting System, and Workload Measurement System, as well as the provincial Case Costing System and Wait Time Information System (WTIS).
As a Consultant in QM&CDS, you will develop strategies for measurement at a Program and Corporate level, with a focus in patient and medication safety. The Consultant will plan and manage projects including process analysis, requirements and testing, and work collaboratively with QM&CDS Team members to develop analytics and reporting tools for the translation of data into integrated, actionable information for clinical and clinical support teams.
The Consultant will serve as a leader, coach and expert in quality measurement to drive and sustain improvement and will provide education related to the use of measurement and analytics for improvement.
Teaching and Research
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Successful completion of a Masters Degree in a health information-related field such as Epidemiology, Health Sciences, Health Informatics, Health Administration or MBA
- Minimum two years experience working in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency working with health information systems such as CIHI databases, Cerner enterprise data and population health databases
- Expertise in analytics development from multiple data sources, including process analysis, requirements development, survey methods, and best practices for design of graphical and written information
- Quality improvement or Lean training and demonstrated understanding of the principles, tools, and processes associated with performance measurement, quality improvement and program evaluation
- Experience and demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and facilitate teams and individuals in the use of integrated analytics to drive quality improvement at all organizational levels
- Experience with change management and facilitation, and ability to engage and involve diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience in project execution with multiple stakeholders
- Proficient with database, data analysis and report writing software in addition to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with varied groups of stakeholders including frontline staff, physicians, and administrators
- Ability to work independently and in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Proven organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to diffuse situations involving conflict
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
- St Josephs Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing:
Posting date: January 20, 2021
Submission deadline: February 01, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.