Medical Secretary - Department of Medicine
- 1 position
Department of Medicine
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative professional to provide full time medical secretarial support to Dr. Michael Nicholson's practice/office within the Division of Respirology, Department of Medicine at St. Joseph's Health Care, London.
Duties will include management of patient referrals, records and appointment scheduling, office correspondence, medical billing, office accounting, and provision of support for physician research and teaching activities.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Completion of community college 2-3 year diploma program in Medical Office Administration is required.
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to support physician productivity by scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
Teaching and Research
- Experience with Outlook email & calendar and Cerner/Electronic Health Records is an asset
- Experience with research financial account management is an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 04, 2021
Submission deadline: January 17, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.