Finance Systems Specialist, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS)
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
Healthcare Materials Management Services (HMMS) is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, created to consolidate the functions of purchasing, accounts payable and inventory management for the London Hospitals. HMMS also services other hospitals on a regional basis.
Reporting to the Manager of Supply Chain Technology, the role is expected to understand the detailed technology requirements for the Finance department of HMMS, and their customers to ensure technology is available. This ensures HMMS processes have seamless movement of information, which results in the capture and sharing of information across the organization
The role of System Specialist - Finance leads in the analysis of the functionality and requirements for all HMMS Supply Chain Financial applications and provides recommendations for new/changes in the technology processes and portfolio. It leads project tasks associated with the implementation, testing, training and support of the financial modules in HMMS Technology. The role must balance a multiple of independent and interrelated project tasks and production support at one time. The System Specialist is responsible for trouble-shooting escalated work requests/calls from leader, staff and customers.
This role is expected to intimately understand the requirements of their customers and make recommendations to them based on market awareness, product knowledge and vendor relationships. In addition, the role is expected to participate in ITS standardization initiatives, and participate in strategic and operational business projects related to the technology requirements for all aspects of HMMS Supply Chain.
This position will be part of a team responsible for:
- New Software and Enhancements to the Financial module of HMMS ERP and other Applications
- Assesses requests for new or changes to functionality within the Financial modules of HMMS ERP and other Supply Chain Applications and recommends how the applications can meet the needs of HMMS Finance.
- On Large HMMS projects, this role would be responsible for tasks related to the Financial module of the ERP and other HMMS Supply Chain Technology.
- Assesses learning needs of end user, develops detailed training materials and conducts training sessions to prepare users for transition to any project implementation.
- Facilitates meetings using appropriate techniques and reports to leadership on a regular basis.
- Reviews existing processes related to technology and makes recommendations to HMMS Leadership regarding opportunities for process improvements
- Leads the resolution of finance system application issues and ensures all finance system applications are operating efficiently.
- With HMMS located offsite from the hospitals, the System Specialist is the primary contact for London Information Technology for all network and hardware life cycle requirements.
- Must be able to diffuse complex situations and direct team members to use modified protocols for troubleshooting or as workarounds.
- Leads analysis and scoping of software requirements to ensure future work directions and overall functionality of software applications to meet evolving user needs across the organizational work systems
- Quality Assurance
- Leads rigorous quality assurance to ensure financial applications are built and configured to function optimally within an integrated suite of applications.
- Design and execute test plans for implementation of new code in the TEST environment for the finance module.
Teaching and Research
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration.
- Successful completion of Chartered Professional Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated experience in either Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Business Support Services in either a technical or functional environment.
- Experience supporting software applications (ERP, Warehousing, Logistics, Electronic Data Interchange, ERP Solutions).
- Advanced knowledge of ERP general ledger and reporting tools (eg. Crystal).
- Proficient knowledge of regulatory, management and financial accounting standards (e.g. MIS, GAAP).
- Advanced understanding of technology and business risk and controls within a financial environment.
- Superior computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel (advanced).
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 15, 2021
Submission deadline: January 21, 2021
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.