Psychologist, Rehabilitation Allied Health
- 1 position
Rehabilitation Allied Health
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
A challenging and exciting opportunity exists to work in a collaborative inter-professional environment delivering neuropsychology services to rehabilitation patients in a specialized rehabilitation setting. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants to be on a team of rehabilitation practitioners who are considered leaders in the delivery of rehabilitation care and to actively participate in improving the outcomes of the patients we serve and to the health care system as a whole.
Using the principles of patient centered care, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing comprehensive patient care through:
- assessment of patients' psychological and behavioural needs, with diagnosis as appropriate
- provision of psychological interventions to reduce psychological or behavioural risk factors
- providing treatment for psychological conditions
- contributing to program development, evaluation, and quality improvement
The provision of neuropsychological consultation by referral from other programs within St. Joseph?s Health Care London is possible.
- Valid registration as a psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario; authorized area of practice: Clinical Neuropsychology; authorized client population: adults
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated psychological assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic intervention skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessment techniques
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome oriented practice
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and able to function independently
- Strong collaborative, communication, interpersonal, counseling and problem-solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in individual and/or group intervention
- Clinical experience with medical patients (Health and Rehabilitation Psychology)
- Training and experience in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and/or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Knowledge of program and service evaluation
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 04, 2021
Submission deadline: February 01, 2021
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.