Registered Practical Nurse, Mental Health
- 4 positions
Dual Diagnosis Program
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with mental illnesses on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition to providing direct care to individuals living with mental illness, the organization is also actively involved in the education of future clinicians and in advancing the research knowledge base. Our work is guided by a recovery-oriented philosophy of care as well as the utilization of treatment and rehabilitation interventions that are based on the best available evidence of their effectiveness to assist individuals in pursuing their life goals. We believe in supporting both the individual and their family/friends throughout their recovery journey.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidates will provide nursing care to adult clients between the ages of 18 to 65 years with a dual diagnosis (developmental disability and a mental health need).
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Strong working knowledge of mental health legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Ability to coordinate care collaboratively with the Registered Nurse and other interdisciplinary team members as well as to function independently with clients with a predictable outcome
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated skills in effectively responding to psychiatric and physical emergencies and/or crisis situations
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience working with young adults and/or in mental health
- Experience working with clients with complex Mood Disorders and other related disorders
- Experience working with clients with a dual diagnosis and/or behavioural challenges.
- Experience working with youth ages 13 to 18 years of age.
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 11, 2021
Submission deadline: February 17, 2021
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.