Medical Secretary, Department of Medicine
- 1 position
Department of Medicine
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until May 14, 2021 subject to the availability of work.
An excellent opportunity exists for a highly-motivated Medical Secretary within the Department of Medicine (Divisions of Infection Diseases), supporting Dr. Syed and Dr. Rahimi on a full time basis. Primary responsibilities include: booking clinic appointments, coordinating patient investigations, creating calls schedules, booking meetings and maintaining wait times.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Completion of community college 2-3 year diploma program in Medical Office Administration is required.
- Minimum two years of experience working in a Medical Secretary role providing direct support to physicians in a medical office/clinical setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and skills in a changing clinical and educational environment
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in OHIP billing (IBIS billing experience preferred)
- Experience with Outlook and Cerner/Electronic Health Records is an asset
- Experience with research financial account management is an asset
- Ability to support physician productivity by maintaining calendar and scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 04, 2021
Submission deadline: January 17, 2021
Julie Neilans, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.