Posting # 43114 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Mental Health
- 1 position
Geriatric Psychiatry Program
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Geriatric Mental Health services are located within St. Joseph?s Health Care London at the Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care site. This is a tertiary care facility serving the Southwestern Ontario region. Clinical services include inpatient, outpatient and outreach care to individuals aged 65 or older with age related mental health needs requiring specialized care. This may include patients with a primary diagnosis of moderate to severe dementia with related responsive behaviours and other medical and mental health comorbidities.
The successful candidate will plan, conduct, and provide expertise and guidance related to psychological services for this population including the use of evidence-based assessment, treatment, and consultation, aligned within the psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery model. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the psychologist plans, coordinates and provides related research and program evaluation activities. The successful candidate will take a leadership role in education, clinical training and other academic activities within the mental health programs.
St. Joseph's Health Care is affiliated with Western University, and psychologists are expected to supervise pre-doctoral clinical residency psychology students as part of the London Clinical Psychology Residency Consortium.
Applicants with current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario and holding a Certificate of Registration Authorizing Supervised Practice as a Psychologist may be considered. Clinical Supervision for re-training and registration purposes is available on site.
- In good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with a certificate of registration for a psychologist authorizing autonomous practice in Clinical Psychology with Adult and Geriatric populations.
- Valid registration as a Psychologist at the doctoral level with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience designing, conducting and communicating the results of applied research and evaluation. Evidence may include refereed publications and presentations; as well as more informal means of dissemination.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated psychological assessment, intervention and program evaluation skills
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and/or Group Intervention
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessment techniques
- Good working knowledge of mental health legislation and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of program and service evaluation
- Competence to supervise Psychometrists, Psychology Residents and Students
- Ability to travel occasionally within the catchment area
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome oriented practice
- Demonstrated superior communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and able to function independently
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain effective partnerships within the community in order to effectively address patient needs
- Demonstrated strength in written/verbal communication
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessments, including risk assessment and behavioural programming
- Experience working in mental health
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 05, 2020
Submission deadline: August 25, 2020
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.