Registered Nurse, ECT/Health Services
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Anticipated to extend until April 30, 2021, subject to the availability of work.
The Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model is the foundation of our work, and is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, it also includes a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans.
Using these principles within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental illness across the continuum.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Well developed assessment, consultative practice and evaluation skills in the care of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Ability to be autonomous and manage and triage priorities
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective member of an inter professional team
- Ability to identify those at risk of mental health issues and develop risk assessment Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated leadership in the initiation, coordination of, and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience working in mental health
- Previous working experience with ECT
- Recovery room experience
- Experience working with the elderly
- Certified in, or in process of completing courses toward the certificate in Gerontology and/or the Canadian Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: July 28, 2020
Submission deadline: August 03, 2020
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.