Posting # 42935 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Social Worker (MSW), Treatment & Rehabilitation Program
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehabilitation Program
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Term position, anticipated to extend until October 8, 2021, subject to the availability of work.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Treatment & Rehabilitation Program has adopted the Psycho-social Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, and a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. In order to make this vision a reality the program will ensure that all of its clinical staff have the necessary skills by providing education and training, and will put in place an evaluation framework to measure quality of services delivered including client outcomes.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with severe and persistent mental illness. Candidate will be required to work rotating shifts.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Masters of Social Work
- At least two (2) years related social work experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Strong discharge planning skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge of and experience delivering a full range of high quality social work services to individuals with serious and persistent mental illness and their families
- Demonstrated skills in psychosocial assessment and treatment with the ability to identify client needs, problem solve through professional assessment and skillfully implement social work interventions in collaboration with the patient, family and team
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act, PHIPA and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and treatments, psychotropic medications and symptom management
- Strong crisis intervention, advocacy, conflict management and facilitation skills
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Demonstrated skills in goal oriented, evidence based practice approaches
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to mobilize community, health/mental health and social services
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to function effectively independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication
- Ability to accept feedback and positively influence change in the work environment
- Demonstrated strength in written/verbal communication and case management
- Demonstrated skills in providing education to patients, families and the health care team
- Familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
- Supports research and innovation in practice, previous experience in research an asset
- Proficient computer skills with a variety of programs
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience working with clients with addictions
- Knowledge of London social and health services network
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 29, 2020
Submission deadline: July 05, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.