Registered Practical Nurse, Veterans Care Program
- 10 positions
Veterans Care Program
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
This position will primarily be assigned to support the Sub-Acute Medical Unit (SAMU) at Parkwood Institute. SAMU is a 40-bed unit in place to help build acute care capacity across the London hospitals. Most patients on this unit are awaiting placement in Long Term Care.
This position may also be assigned to assist the Veterans Care Program assists war service Veterans who are unable to live at home, whose daily functioning and health are affected by chronic physical and mental illnesses and episodic health problems, in an in-patient setting.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to establish positive relationships with customers and to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and direct others
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics to meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum one-year experience working with people with progressive dementia, including those individuals with responsive behaviours
- Completion of GPA course
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 25, 2020
Submission deadline: July 01, 2020
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.