- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Regular Part Time
The Music Therapist will offer services to the residents in the Veterans Care Program. Using the principles of resident focused care within an interprofessional team approach, the successful candidate will support care that will assist residents in meeting their goals, to promote health and to enhance well-being and quality of life. The successful candidate will implement assessments and interventions on a one to one and group basis.
Flexibility needed to cover weekend and evening shifts as required.
- University degree in Music Therapy
- Member of Canadian Association Music Therapy
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated strong musical abilities in voice and at least one other instrument
- Demonstrated knowledge of theory, improvisation and music therapy techniques
- Demonstrated ability to creatively engage patients in music therapy interventions
- Previous experience providing music therapy in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery
- Minimum one-year experience working in a long-term care setting
- Experience in developing an evaluation framework and outcome measurement
- Demonstrated superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated organizational skills
Teaching and Research
- Accredited Music Therapist
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 24, 2020
Submission deadline: June 30, 2020
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.