Dietary Aide, Food & Nutrition Services
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services-Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Knowledge of institutional food service and therapeutic diets
- Knowledge of safe food handling
- Safe Food Handlers certification, or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with constant bending, standing, walking, or lifting up to 28 kg.
- Strong customer service commitment
- Ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
Teaching and Research
- Previous food service experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 24, 2020
Submission deadline: June 30, 2020
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.