Developmental Service Worker, Dual Diagnosis Pgm - G5
- 1 position
Dual Diagnosis Program - G5
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Parkwood Institute, Mental Health is an organization that provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with mental illnesses on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition to providing direct care to individuals living with mental illness, the organization is also actively involved in the education of future clinicians and in advancing the research knowledge base. Our work is guided by a recovery oriented philosophy of care as well as the utilization of treatment and rehabilitation interventions that are based on the best available evidence of their effectiveness to assist individuals in pursuing their life goals. We believe in supporting both the individual and their family/friends throughout their recovery journey.
Using the principles of client centered care within the context of an interdisciplinary team approach, the successful candidate will provide nursing care to clients with mental health and related behavioural issues adult clients between the ages of 18 to 65 years with a dual diagnosis (intellectual disability and a mental health need).
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Developmental Service Worker Diploma
- Strong working knowledge of mental health legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Ability to work collaboratively within an inter-professional team as well as the ability to function independently with clients with a predictable outcome
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to form a working therapeutic relationships with those we serve
- Demonstrate effective written documentation skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and strong organizational skills
- The ability to recognize the cause and meaning of abnormal behaviour indicative of a significant emotional and or psychiatric change and respond therapeutically
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
- Working knowledge of the principals of applied behavioural analysis
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- 2 years prior experience working with individuals with a Dual Diagnosis
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: June 29, 2020
Submission deadline: July 05, 2020
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.