Central Processing Technician, (Medical Device Reprocessing)
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The role of the Central Processing Technician is to process, prepare and sterilize instruments, clean and monitor equipment, and order and deliver supplies for use on Patient Care Units. The position requires lifting (30 lbs), bending, pulling and pushing.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Sterile Processing Certificate or Medical Device Reprocessing Certificate including field placement certificate from an approved community college
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- 2 years Central Processing experience and/or equivalent in a health care environment
- Demonstrated oral, written and reading comprehension and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, assertiveness and positive interpersonal skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Knowledge related to the Basic Principles of Infection Control including Universal Precautions and Aseptic Technique
- Demonstrated commitment to self-development and continuing education
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 22, 2020
Submission deadline: May 28, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.