Coordinator (Manager), Treatment & Rehab.
- 1 position
Treatment & Rehabilitation Program
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Reporting to the Director, Adult Ambulatory Services, Assessment, Coordinated Access, and the Treatment & Rehabilitation Programs and in working in conjunction with the Physician Leader, the Coordinator is accountable to provide dynamic leadership to an interdisciplinary inpatient unit and related services.
The Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Program is set in a newly purpose built facility that has adopted the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. Situated in London on a park like campus, caring for body, mind and spirit is integral to what we do. The program serves individuals 18 years of age and older experiencing complex mental health challenges. As a regional mental health care provider, we provide support to 5 schedule 1 facilities. In addition, we are an academic centre with a research focus in creating best practices for tomorrow-today.
The Coordinator provides input and supports the strategic work of the organization. The Coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing daily operations including: staffing & scheduling, budgeting & financial management, performance management, conflict resolution and developing high performing clinical teams by promoting evidence based outcomes within a psychosocial rehabilitation/recovery based model of care in the pursuit of best practices.
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the Coordinator will demonstrate evidenced based leadership skills, effective communication and exceptional people management skills complimented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other health related degree
- Active member status in the associated College
- Minimum of three years previous experience in leadership, team building and program development within a mental health care setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legislation related to Employment, People & Financial Management
- Previous working experience in a Health Care setting and knowledge of legislation inclusive to working in a hospital
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership capabilities including: Lead Self; Engage Others;
- Achieve Results; Develop Coalition; System Transformation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Evidence of specialized education/training/experience in psychosocial rehabilitation
- A certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing for applicants with a nursing background
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 20, 2020
Submission deadline: June 03, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.