Posting # 42101 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Psychologist, Mental Health
- 1 position
Mental Health - Treatment and Rehabilitation
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
The Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Mental Health Services are located within St. Joseph's Health Care London at the Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care site. This is a tertiary care facility serving the Southwestern Ontario region. Clinical services include inpatient, outpatient and outreach care to individuals 18 to 65 years of age and their supports experiencing severe and persistent mental health challenges.
The successful candidate will plan, conduct, and provide expertise and guidance related to psychological services for this population including the use of evidence-based assessment, treatment, and consultation, aligned within the psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery model.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the psychologist plans, coordinates and provides related research and program evaluation activities. The successful candidate will take a leadership role in education, clinical training and other academic activities within the mental health programs.
Given that St. Joseph's Health Care is a major teaching and research centre, psychologists are expected to supervise pre-doctoral clinical residency psychology students.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with a certificate of registration for a psychologist authorizing autonomous practice in Clinical Psychology with Adult populations.
- Doctoral degree from a CPA-accredited or equivalent psychology program is required.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in planning, conducting, administering and interpreting a complete range of psychological assessment techniques, interventions, outcome measurement and evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently within an interdisciplinary team setting with partners to enhance client care and service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience using a patient centered and recovery approach to effectively engage individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental health challenges
- Demonstrated experience with and competence in Individual and Group Interventions, including, but not limited to, structured interventions such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy as well as other annualized and/or evidence-informed treatment modalities.
- Demonstrated experience designing, conducting and communicating the results of applied research and evaluation. Evidence may include refereed publications and presentations; as well as more informal means of dissemination.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development
- Experience and competence in the supervision of psychometrists and psychology pre and or post-doctoral residents and other related student groups
- Willingness to travel within the region as required
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal oriented, evidence based, and outcome oriented practice
- Demonstrated superior communication (verbal/written), interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and associated legislation
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated support of professional activities with a focus on the adult population as indicated by membership in and support of professional organization such as an academic appointment
- Related experience/competency with transitional age youth or behavioral management would be an asset
- Experience working with quality improvement frameworks.
- Knowledge of psychological health and safety in the workplace
- Research capability as indicated by relevant publications in the area of focus.
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: August 11, 2020
Submission deadline: August 31, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.