- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
The Menu Clerk is responsible for maintaining and supporting the centralized menu processing office for the Food & Nutrition Services department. The successful candidate will have strong organization and customer service skills, the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a health care environment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated computer skills with intermediate level knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent organizing and problem solving skills, with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that information is provided accurately and professionally in person, writing and by phone
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Strong customer service focus along with previous experience dealing with the public
- Previous experience with menu office, scheduling, payroll
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of collective agreements
Teaching and Research
- Successful completion of an Office Administration Diploma program
- Previous CBORD experience
- Previous Workbrain experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 13, 2020
Submission deadline: February 19, 2020
Patricia Melo, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.