Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- 1 position
Medically Complex Service
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Medically Complex Service is a part of the Complex Care Program and comprises two units that provide care for individuals with a variety of chronic and complex medical conditions. An interdisciplinary team provides a holistic and collaborative approach to care focusing on the physical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of the patients. Our ultimate goal is to earn the complete confidence of our patients, and their families, by providing exceptional care that meets their individualized care needs. We value respect, excellence and compassion and consistently demonstrate these values in our interactions with our patients, families and coworkers.
The Medically Complex Service provides care to patients who require ongoing medical management as well as rehabilitation following a major medical event, accident or illness. We provide support to individuals with a range of chronic complex conditions including designated beds for patient?s requiring chronic ventilator support. The goal of the Complex Care unit is to return individuals to the community; either to their home or to a long term care setting.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma from a recognized school in the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
- Experience and knowledge of the care needs of continuing care patients
- Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work in the team environment
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position which includes heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 13, 2020
Submission deadline: February 19, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.