- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Regular Part Time
*** REPOSTED ***
Temporary Full Time hours for approximately 6 months subject to the availability of work.
St. Joseph's Hospital is a unique ambulatory hospital specializing in minimally invasive same day and short stay inpatient surgery. 21,000 surgeries are performed a year at St. Joseph's, with most patients going home the same day as their procedure. Our surgical programs and areas of service include: The Ivey Eye Institute (cataract, retina and corneal transplant surgery), St. Joseph's Breast Care Program (breast and reconstructive plastic surgery), The Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre (arthroscopic and arthroplasty surgery), St. Joseph's Urology Centre (laser and minimally invasive robotic surgery), Otolaryngology (ear, nose, throat, head, face and neck surgery), gynecological surgery, dental and general surgery.
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in the Operating Room AND/OR successful completion of the O.R. course within the last 2 years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Excellent decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Self directed individual with leadership abilities
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Laser certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 10, 2020
Submission deadline: February 16, 2020
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.