Personal Care Assistant
- 5 positions
Mt. Hope - Marian Villa & St. Mary's
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
*** REPOSTED ***
Term position from May 1, 2020 and continuing until approximately September 30, 2020, subject to the availability of work.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Personal Care Assistant will assist the interdisciplinary team to provide care with the activities of daily living to residents at Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse.
Teaching and Research
- Has completed at least one year of education in either a Baccalaureate or Practical Nursing Program and has completed clinical placements within a hospital or long term care setting, as part of the nursing program and is returning to complete their baccalaureate or practical nursing education.
- Ability to provide full assistance with the activities of daily living under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and lift and transfer skills to meet heavy physical demands
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed and the ability to work as part of a team
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 10, 2020
Submission deadline: February 16, 2020
Greg Evens, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.