Coordinator of Treasury
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Coordinator of Treasury is an exciting leadership opportunity in St. Joseph’s Finance department that is accountable for overseeing St. Joseph’s treasury, cash management, billings, accounts receivable and accounting functions, with all staff in these areas reporting to this leadership position.
This influential leadership position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all billing and accounts receivable activities throughout St. Joseph’s including the operation of five business offices across St. Joseph’s major clinical sites
- Managing accounts receivable aging and collections processes across a diverse group of receivables
- Overseeing the preparation of financial reports and statements require by the Ministry of Health, other funding agencies, St. Joseph’s leaders, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Collaborate with clinical teams and other clinical support teams to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial reports, reporting of revenues, and the completion of physician billings.
- Collaborate with our Information Technology team to ensure our corporate billing system (Infor HRCM) is maintained and system enhancements result in efficient and effective billing processes.
- Working with St. Joseph’s external auditor, this leadership position is responsible for leading the effective execution of all external audit processes as well as ensuring finance-related processes and control risks are identified and addressed related to treasury and accounts receivable.
- The identification of any relevant or new accounting pronouncements within Public Sector Accounting Standards + Part III Section 4200 of the CPA Handbook/relating to treasury and accounts receivable matters
As a highly motivated and engaging leader, the Coordinator will demonstrate effective communication, visionary leadership and exceptional people management skills complimented by strong problem solving and change management expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- 5+ years of experience in a financial management/reporting role
- 5+ years of demonstrated team leadership experience
- Strong managerial skills backed by a working knowledge of accounting standards including public sector accounting standards + CPA Handbook Part III Section 4200
- Self-directed and highly motivated with effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly developed critical thinking skills including the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems and develop and implement business plans and/or support leaders in the implementation of business plans and budget saving strategies
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet challenging timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal teams, peers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development, collaboration and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Ability to exercise judgment on complex issues across a diverse environment
- Demonstrated experience supporting leadership teams/clients in understanding their financial results and supporting them in the development and understanding of operating budgets
- Experience supporting and reporting to various internal committee structures
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legislation related to Employment, People & Financial Management
- Experience in a health care environment in Ontario including billing rules and regulations for various funding agencies (OHIP, WSIB, Federal and Provincial Governments, Insurance providers among others)
- Relevant consulting or public accounting firm experience
- Experience in a health care environment in Ontario
- Experience with Oracle Financial applications including General Ledger and the Infor HRCM billing application
Teaching and Research
St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong capabilities in the following Leadership Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with team members, leaders across St. Joseph’s and other stakeholders
- Exhibits strong self-awareness and reflection in one’s self-development
- Proven ability to engage and influence team members
- Successfully lead others in change in achieving their professional and/or personal goals
- Expertise in gaining team support in program objectives
- Skilled in resolving conflict constructively
- Exhibits ability in holding others accountable
- Experience in the development of strong, healthy teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize and evaluate the day to day operations of the program
- Commitment to excellence in financial reporting and education of leaders in understanding their financial results
- Ability to set clear guidelines and takes action in implementing decisions
- Motivated by continuous quality and process improvement
- Displays commitment to the organization mission, vision and values
- Possess a strong commitment to patient and staff safety
- Proven risk management and development risk mitigation strategies
- Exhibit a visionary leadership style that promotes the values of shared leadership and interdisciplinary team collaboration
- Foster an environment committed to strategic short and long term organizational goals
Posting date: January 09, 2020
Submission deadline: February 20, 2020
Miranda Mattucci, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.